Thursday, January 1, 2009

Seoul, South Korea

Well, as some of you all know, Charity and I are on a whirlwind adventure to Seoul, South Korea. I say whirlwind, because one week we discussed it and the next we were signing up! My wife and I will be teaching at a little Christian School which you can visit it here: Seoul Christian

We are leaving KC on the 26th of December for Philadelphia and to spend a little time with Charity's family before we leave. On the 29th we will be going to the Korean Consulate in New York to obtain our E-2's before leaving the country, probably on the 5th or 6th of January.

On a much more personal note, Charity and I need of little but desire your thoughts and prayers for us as neither of us have much in the way of teaching experience and we are going all the way to Korea to break ourselves in!

God has taken me on quite the journey spiritually as well. I was moving through the ranks at my job and the advancement of my career was promising. Moreover, I received a handsome offer from Scottrade in St. Louis to go and work for them. However, God continually brought me back to a small and sometimes difficult to understand verse: Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. While I was happy with staying in KC and working in the finance sector, I had no desire to go. Even after the offer came to go to St. Louis, I had no desire to go.

I really have no idea what it is in store for us and whether this is going to be a short-term trip or a life-long calling, but I am excited to see what comes next as I believe that God has planned this for us from the beginning.

Thank you so much to everyone that reads this and I look forward to future notes of this sort...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, if you have enjoyed reading and have a thought to share, please leave it here.

Thanks,
Daniel and Charity Moorehead

Subscribe!