Wednesday, March 18, 2009

미아 – Mia…

Ok, for all of you dog/animal lovers out there…I know there are a few, I am devoting this short post to the diminutive defecator of all thing dear to Daniel. Yes you guessed it, I will be talking about that little, loveable, annoying animal Mia.

Don’t get me wrong, I will absolutely love this dog when it learns to use the facilities or learns to squelch her nocturnal whines.

She is cute though. It is sometimes hard to punish her for using the bathroom in the wrong place when she looks up with the large black eyes. *sigh* I suppose I shouldn’t expect too much when she is still only about 2.5 months old. She has been doing better now that we have a semi-solid routine of going to bed, waking up and getting fed, going outside (emphasis on the going) and finally coming home and waiting patiently till we return from school.

Speaking of school, I found out how to make Mia’s name phonetically in Korean. It is “미아,” which unfortunately means “Lost Child” in Korean…

Ok, I know you have been wanting to see some pics (or more pics) so here they are:

miababy 005 This one is of Mia and Mya (Mya is Mylinda’s new kitten). While they are not the “best of friends,” they do seem to get along reasonably well.

miamommadaddy Here is our “family” picture. Sorry for Mia’s immodesty, she is still a work in progress.

miababy 043Here is Mia and Charity.

Ok, now you have seen her. Expect to hear little snippets about Mia peppered throughout this blog as she has become one of the family, but don’t expect her to take as much space as she has today.

I am thinking of doing a small ongoing series on foods, customs, mannerisms or places. Please vote in the poll towards the top of this page and I will see what we can do about getting more information out.

Lastly, I am going to attempt to post three times a week. Hopefully I will have a longer post over the weekend and then two small posts during the week. Please don’t hold me to it as I have been somewhat unlucky in having frequent or for that matter, consistent posts.

Thank you to all that are reading and:

More to come…

1 comment:

  1. I just had to do a paper about pregnancy and childbirth in Korea for a nursing class. I was suprised to read in my textbook about the unspoken acceptance of abortion and how the government has taken a hands-off approach to it. How sad. I find it fascinating to read about customs in other countries, hence my vote.
    --Carol Pritt

    ReplyDelete

Please, if you have enjoyed reading and have a thought to share, please leave it here.

Thanks,
Daniel and Charity Moorehead

Subscribe!