Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Lazy Lunar New Year

I wish I could say that I have been productively using my time over the Lunar New Year holiday (referred to hereafter as LNY) but no I have been spending nearly every waking hour goofing off. While I have not been the most productive of people over the holiday, I have enjoyed the brief respite.

On Saturday we went to Coex which is at the Samseong subway stop. For those of you that want to follow along at home:

Here is the Subway map.
And here is some info about the mall.

Here is a little taste of the crowded subway:

We traveled down the green line from Bongcheon about 7 stops to Coex. It is HUGE!!! I think we walked through most of it throughout the next several hours. First we went to a little store that was trying very hard to be "All-American." They had jelly-belly beans and Campbell's soup. It was a little funny to see what the Korean's thought were main staples of the American life...

The girls checking out the "American" Store:

Then went to the food court (it was about 2:30 or so and we needed a snack) and located a bastion of Westerner mall-rat sustenance-Auntie Anne's. As you can see it was enjoyed all around:

Waiting in line...

Reaping the rewards...

Enjoyed by all!
After Auntie Anne's we walked around and saw all the shops. Strangely, many of them were something straight out of middle America.

Towards the end of our time there we went to Uno Chicago and had deep-dish pizza and hot-wings. Again, not terribly Korean but tasty nonetheless.

Sunday after church we went to the grocery store (we had just been paid and our cupboards were bare). Mylinda got Bulgogi meat and some noodles which she prepared later for dinner and it was sooooo good! On a side note, it was pretty cool to punch up my PIN on the ATM and see that we had a couple million in our account. (for those of you that know the exchange rate, that was funny, otherwise please realize that I am referring to WON and not $)

Monday I slept in till almost 10am. My beautiful wife on the other hand woke up before me and proceeded to clean almost every square inch of the apartment. Her cleaning ethic is something to be commended. Now if I could only find my stuff...

Today we are going to a basketball game. I am really not sure of the details yet, but I am pretty sure that I am going to cheer obnoxiously loud and make a spectacle of myself in memory of Beta games at BJU.

Talk at you later...

1 comment:

  1. Soo cool seeing all these pictures and checking out the links about the mall and the subway! Does your wife always clean that fastidiously??

    ReplyDelete

Please, if you have enjoyed reading and have a thought to share, please leave it here.

Thanks,
Daniel and Charity Moorehead

Subscribe!